Pages

Thursday 30 June 2011

Ayurvedic Herbal Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation is a medical condition in which the upper chambers of the heart beat at an abnormally fast rate. This results in dysfunctional blood circulation, which causes breathlessness, chest pain, fainting, and an increased risk of the formation of blood clots and other complications. There are multiple causes of atrial fibrillation which need to be investigated thoroughly in order to effectively treat this condition.
Ayurvedic medicines have a very good corrective action for the treatment of heart related medical conditions like irregular heart beats, conduction blocks, heart failure, and dilated heart. Angina pains, and recurrent heart attacks, which result from blocked coronary arteries, can also be effectively treated with Ayurvedic medicines.
Conduction defects of the heart include atrial fibrillation, bundle branch block, ventricular tachycardia, and ventricular fibrillation. These conditions can be treated effectively with Ayurvedic medicines. In addition to treating the conduction defects, known causes also have to be treated concurrently.
The scope of Ayurvedic treatment in such problems related to the heart is highlighted in patient testimonials such as the one given below:
Dear Dr Mundewadi,

I really think your Ayurvedic medicine has saved me: last December 2010, I was taken to hospital for atrial fibrillation and given some medicine, multaq, which made me very weak, I could not have any activity, just go from bed to my armchair, and back to bed.

I turned to Ayurvedic medicine, and Dr Mundewadi sent me his medication for atrial fibrillation; by that time I had stopped taking multaq because of its side effects and replaced it with a beta-blocker.

I took the Ayurvedic medicine as well as the beta-blocker for 3 months, and at the end of May, went to my cardiologist who could not find any sign of atrial fibrillation; he told me to stop my beta-blocker and everything is fine, I am only taking warfarin and if all goes well, I will stop it in 6 months.

I think it is a pity Ayurvedic medicine is not well known outside India; I think Indian doctors should make their medicine known all over the world.

PS: Please feel free to use this testimonial, but just sign it with my initials, F.L.H., from France”.

The writer, Dr. A. A. Mundewadi, is available as an online Ayurvedic Consultant at https://www.mundewadiayurvedicclinic.com and http://www.ayurvedaphysician.com